Are you a Candidate for Eyelid Surgery?
Have you been wondering if eyelid surgery is an option for you? Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, removes excess skin around the eye. It is often done for cosmetic reasons to improve the appearance of the eyelids. Sometimes doctors recommend eyelid surgery for medical reasons to improve vision. The experienced doctors at Utah Valley Eye in Provo can provide you with all the facts you need when it comes to getting eyelid surgery. Below are some of the things you should consider before get deciding if you are a good candidate for eyelid surgery.
Items for a Good Candidate
You may be a good candidate for eyelid surgery if your possess the following;
- You have excess fatty deposits that cause puffiness in the upper eyelids.
- You have loose or sagging skin that causes folds or affects the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision.
- You have excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid, bags under the eyes, or droopiness of the lower eyelids.
- Your general health is good.
- You don’t smoke.
- You have realistic expectations for improvement and not perfection.
What Doesn’t Make a Good Candidate
You may want to reconsider having eyelid surgery if:
- You want to improve crow’s feet or uneven eyes.
- You have drooping eyebrows. Eyelid surgery can make this worse.
- You have symptoms of dry eye.
- You have an eye infection or other eye diseases.
- You smoke.
- You have a severe illness or infection.
Talking with your Optometrist at Utah Valley Eye Center in Provo will help you in determining whether or not you are good candidate for eyelid surgery. They will go through a thorough consultation with you to make sure you will be happy with the ending result. Knowing the outcome can help you in determining the need for your surgery. We care about your eye health and well-being. Let us know how we at Utah Valley Eye Center can help.