How to Improve your Eyesight
Good eye care and regular check-ups with the doctors at Utah Valley Eye Center in Provo are definite ways in making sure your eye sight stays in the best condition possible. We have also provided some additional things to try on your own to maintain and possibly improve your eyesight.
- Eat foods with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, lutein, and beta carotene since they are known to help in repairing your eyes. Foods containing these include cod liver oil, sweet potatoes, butter, papaya, blueberries, apricot and grapes.
- Get enough rest, since sleep allows overworked eye muscles to relax completely. Sleeping at least 8 hours a night is a must.
- Stay hydrated and up your water intake when your eyes begin to feel dry, blurry, or tired.
- Try to exercise your eyes with relaxation exercises. Place your hands together palm to palm and rub them together briskly creating heat. Place them over your eyes and imagine a relaxing place.
- Make sure to eat carrots and other foods rich in beta-carotene which provides food with their orange hue, promotes eye health and corrects vision.
- Avoid sugary foods as they are bad news for your eyes. The more sugar you eat, the worse your eyesight will become.
- Try to focus on objects that are at least 20 feet away, for 20 seconds, for at least 20 minutes. This gives your eyes the break they need after staring at a computer screen for an extended amount of time.
- Eat bilberry fruit as it is full of antioxidants and will aid in protecting and increasing blood circulation in your eyes.
For more information on eye health and how you can improve your eyesight make sure schedule your appointment with us at Utah Valley Eye Center in Provo. We can take care of all of your needs including LASIK surgery.