Facts you Didn’t Know about LASIK Surgery
Have you been considering getting LASIK surgery lately? Before taking the next step towards surgery we highly recommend you stop by Utah Valley Eye Center in Provo to talk to our Optometrist experts about LASIK surgery. We can guide you through the process and determine if LASIK is the right option for you. Below we have gathered some facts you might not have known about LASIK surgery to help you in making your decision.
- LASIK surgery takes only a matter of minutes to complete. Unlike other surgeries that require a whole day out of your schedule for the time it takes to do surgery, LASIK is a quick and easy process when you have the right optometrists doing the surgery.
- Your eyes heal faster than most other parts of your body. Their ability to heal quickly allows most people to drive and return to work the very next day after having LASIK surgery.
- You will no longer need your glasses, and yes this includes reading glasses as well. Our optometrists at Utah Valley Eye Center in Provo are well versed in giving you the corrective surgery you need for your unique eye sight.
- Worried you might not be an eligible candidate for LASIK? Believe it or not, 98% of people can be treated by LASIK.
- LASIK surgery takes into consideration your unique eye movements. Whether you blink less often than the average person or more often, modern eye tracking technology that is used during the LASIK surgery procedure will make sure that your eye movements won’t affect your desired results.
- There have only been a 0.1% reported vision complication in regards to LASIK surgery. If a complication does occur an eye surgeon can easily fix most complications.
- Are you nervous regarding the use of laser during the procedure? You really have no need to worry. Contrary to belief the lasers can’t burn your eye or the skin surrounding your eye. Our lasers are almost completely painless and are actually cold.
- You do have to be at least 18 years of age to receive LASIK surgery, but there is no age limit after that.