Signs you Need an Eye Exam
Have your eyes been causing you problems lately? Wondering if you should make an appointment with the optometrist at Utah Valley Eye Center in Provo? We have gathered some signs for you to look out for when you are wondering if you need an eye exam.
- You notice any changes in your vision, especially after an incident of head trauma.
- You have difficulty driving at night and seeing street signs in the dark.
- Your eyes are red, dry, itchy, or you are seeing spots, flashes of light, or floaters.
- You experience eye strain, headaches and/or blurred vision after spending an extended amount of time in front of a computer screen.
- You have diabetes or another health condition that affects your eyes. Also, if you have a family history of conditions like diabetes or glaucoma you may need exams more often.
- You get motion sick, dizzy, or have trouble following a moving target.
- You hold books or the newspaper further away from your face and squint or close one eye to read them clearly.
- You can’t remember when you last had an eye exam. If it’s been longer than a year, you’re overdue.
It isn’t a good idea to wait for these signs to occur before making an eye appointment. You want to make sure you are getting an eye exam at least once a year. If these symptoms occur within a year’s time make sure you call Utah Valley Eye Center in Provo to set up a visit with our experienced optometrists. We can help you in preventing eye disease and solving vision problems. We can even give you a consultation regarding LASIK Surgery. Give us a call or check out our website for more information today.